The Bible makes plain that God has wrought in history a great program of salvation by which sinners are forgiven and again brought into communion with Him. That program is centered on the work of Jesus the Son of God, who was born of the virgin Mary in order that He might become our representative before God living for us bearing in His death the punishment for our sin.
It is our desire to reach as many peoples and people groups as we possibly can with the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The India Christian Mission Church, established in 1897 by an Anglican Priest of Beicester of England, Reverend Arthur Stephen Paynter. It is now headquartered at Krishna and West Godavary Revenue Districts of Andhra Pradesh State.
For many years, Reverend Amrutha Rao served as the priest in charge of the ICM. Following the withdrawal of the United Kingdom supporters and retirement of the Paynter's grandchildren, the ICM became an indigenous mission.
Reverend N. V. Amrutha Rao faced tremendous problems in and around the church, regarding manpower and financial constraints. By the abundant grace of God, the elected Church Committee, Parish Committee, Central Committee and the Trust Board were formed officially in November 2004. They currently function well under the guidence and leadership of Bishop N.V. Amrutha Rao.
In 2005, Dr. John SD Raju was requested by the Trust Board to come and join with the ICM Church to be the second line of leadership. He was a young and energetic priest, an eloquent speaker, social worker, writer and a good church administrator, who was working under the Catholicate of the East (Syrian Orthodox Church). He was made Suffragan Bishop on February 12th, 2005 witnessed by thousands of faithful at Eluru.
Now the Church has two Dioceses, namely Diocese of Krishna Godavari and the Episcopal Missionary Diocese of Eluru.
For more information, please email bish
"The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him."